- SCASA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Superintendent of the Year
- SC District Level Administrator of the Year
- SC Principals of the Year
- SC Assistant Principals of the Year
- SC Personnel Administrator of the Year
- SC Adult Education Director of the Year
- SC Career & Technical Administrator of the Year
- Palmetto's Finest
Superintendent of the Year
This award is presented annually to a district superintendent, as part of the national Superintendent of the Year program of the American Association of School Administrators (AASA). SCASA participates in this program, but South Carolina procedures differ somewhat from the national process.
State nominations come directly to SCASA. The SCASA Superintendents Awards Committee reviews the applications and selects finalists. Those candidates are then interviewed by a team of educator and community leaders. Scores are compiled from the two teams of committees and the winner is announced in early May.
The South Carolina Superintendent of the Year Award is honored throughout the following school year.
The 2023 application is due on or before March 30, 2022. Answers to essay questions should not be written in third person. The application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may self-nominate; however, if you wish to nominate a superintendent, the following information must be submitted, via the nomination below, between February 22 and March 1:
- Candidate's name and school district
- Number of years in the current school district
- Number of years as District Superintendent (Nominee must have been a District Superintendent at least 3 FULL years in South Carolina)
- Provide a brief summary on why the candidate deserves to be the 2023 SC Superintendent of the Year. (500 word limit)
All nominations for the 2023 SC Superintendent of the Year must be submitted by March 1st at 11:59 p.m.
2024 Superintendent of the Year
Horry County Schools