- SCASA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Superintendent of the Year
- SC District Level Administrator of the Year
- SC Principals of the Year
- SC Assistant Principals of the Year
- SC Personnel Administrator of the Year
- SC Adult Education Director of the Year
- SC Career & Technical Administrator of the Year
- Palmetto's Finest
Superintendent of the Year
This award is presented annually to a district superintendent, as part of the national Superintendent of the Year program of the American Association of School Administrators (AASA). SCASA participates in this program, but South Carolina procedures differ somewhat from the national process.
State nominations come directly to SCASA. The SCASA Superintendents Awards Committee reviews the applications and selects finalists. Those candidates are then interviewed by a team of educator and community leaders. Scores are compiled from the two teams of committees and the winner is announced in early May.
The South Carolina Superintendent of the Year Award is honored throughout the following school year.
The 2021 application is due on or before Tuesday, March 31, 2020. The application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may self-nominate; however, if you wish to nominate a superintendent, the following information must be submitted, via the nomination below, between February 24th and March 2nd:
- Candidate's name and school district
- Number of years in the current school district
- Number of years as District Superintendent (Nominee must have been a District Superintendent at least 3 FULL years in South Carolina)
- Provide a brief summary on why the candidate deserves to be the 2021 SC Superintendent of the Year. (500 word limit)
2021 SC Superintendent of the Year Nomination Form (Link will be posted on February 24th)
All nominations for the 2021 SC Superintdent of the Year must be submitted by Monday, March 2nd at 11:59 p.m.
2021 Superintendent of the Year
Dr. J.R. Green
Fairfield County School District