- SCASA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Superintendent of the Year
- SC District Level Administrator of the Year
- SC Principals of the Year
- SC Assistant Principals of the Year
- SC Personnel Administrator of the Year
- SC Adult Education Director of the Year
- SC Career & Technical Administrator of the Year
- Palmetto's Finest
Palmetto's Finest Schools
Each spring since 1978, SCASA has recognized a few schools which offer excellent instruction and outstanding leaders, augmented by strong family and community involvement and a supportive business community.
Initially presented only to two elementary schools and one middle school, the award was expanded in 1996-97, with the support of Carolina First Bank, to include a high school.
The selection process includes a comprehensive review of a school's program, focusing on the key question: "What impact is this school making on the lives of students and the community, and is it deserving of the Palmetto's Finest Award?"
- Waccamaw Intermediate School, Georgetown County Schools
- River Bluff High School, Lexington School District 1
- Spring Hill High School, Lexington-Richland District 5
- To be eligible to apply, the principal must be a member of SCASA, and must have been principal in the applicant school for the entire previous two school years. The school's state accreditation must be in good standing. Winning principals must be able to serve on the Palmetto's Finest Selection Committee for future awards.
- Application Deadline: September 23, 2019; Completed applications, with application fee, must be emailed.
- Email applications to email@example.com. All emailed applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on September 23, 2019.
- Independent readers evaluate applications and recommend semifinalist schools for initial site visits. Members of the SCASA Palmetto's Finest Awards Committee visit the schools.
- Finalist schools are selected and notified. Awards committee members return for a second site visit.
- March 2020 Palmetto's Finest Announcement - The Palmetto's Finest announcement will be announced remotely from SC ETV. Finalists will watch the announcement from their schools via live streaming. All finalists receive statewide recognition and a plaque. The four or five winners also receive a "Palmetto's Finest School" banner, bumper stickers for all their staff members, and a Palmetto's Finest ring for the principal.
- Click on the following link to download the application: https://www.scasa.org/Files/Award%20Applications/2019-20%20Awards/19-20%20Palmettos%20Finest%20Application.docx